Eligibility for Press Registration
Eligibility for press registration is limited to the following persons. Required credentials:
- Working press employed by bona fide Press: must present a press ID card, business card, or letter from an editor of a recognized publication that confirms your current employment with your press or media organization and states you have been assigned to cover the conference for that publication.
- Freelance science writers: must present one of the following: a current membership card from NASW, a regional affiliate of NASW, CSWA, ISWA, or SEJ; or evidence of by-lined work pertaining to psychiatric disorders or mental illness, intended for the general public and published in 2008-2010; or a letter from the editor of a recognized publication assigning you to cover this conference.
Note: Representatives of publishing houses, for-profit corporations, and the business side of Press are not accredited as Press at the meeting.
Please note the following:
- Complimentary Press Registration (Online, Fax, and Mail) ends January 8, 2010.
Onsite registration will be available with proof of press credentials on a space availability basis.
- To apply, please fill out the Press Registration Form and submit along with a letter from your editor on the publication’s letterhead that states you have been assigned to cover the conference for that publication. Registration forms and letters from your editor should be sent to the address at the bottom of the form.
- Freelance writers must furnish documentation that supports their eligibility for complimentary press registration (e.g., membership in NASW, CISWA, ISWA, SEJ).
- Registration will not be accepted via telephone.
- Press Registration confirmation will be e-mailed. Please save the e-mail as proof of registration.
- Your press identification with picture ID is required for pickup of all press registration badges and materials at the conference registration desk. If you do not provide documented proof of press eligibility, during registration or at the conference, you must pay the general public full registration fee.
- You are responsible for your travel and hotel accommodations.
- Members of the Press/Media are required to observe embargoes as indicated by the Conference.
- Audio and visual recording of conference sessions and Keynote presentation is not permitted by attendees and members of the press. However, recording during conference breaks is permitted.
BEFORE THE CONFERENCE
Please mail or fax the letter from your editor, or supporting eligibility document(s), to:
The Foundation for Psychocultural Research
P. O. Box 826
Pacific Palisades, CA 90272
FAX: 310-454-1417 (ATTN: The Director)
If you have questions, please click here